A night view of Wilshire Boulevard, just east of Veteran Avenue where I sometimes wait for the bus. Some key points to getting the shot:
- Waited for it to get dark enough.
- Used the smallest aperture so I got the stars with the street lights and so I could use a long shutter speed.
- To get the best angle, the camera was actually in the road.
- Waited for the light to change so all vehicles would be in motion.
- Utilized the self-timer to take multiple shots in a row while traffic was moving so I could pick the best one.
[last year] one of my favorite minimalist shots...
2014wilshireboulevardbuildinglightlos angelesnightstreaksstreetcitystreetlighttrafficveteranwindowsCanon PowerShot S95